Energy efficient windows deliver cost savings to your air conditioning and heating bills. Ask your family, friends or neighbors who have installed energy saving windows, and they will confirm lower gas, electric and power bills after installing the se new windows. Or, you can call us at 760.806.6830, and we will show you examples and testimonials of cost savings of more than half, from new or replacement energy efficient windows.).
An energy-efficient window will have (at a very minimum):
- Double-pane insulated glass.
- Heat-resistant (Low-E) glass coating.
- Airtight frames.
- An ENERGY STAR® rating.
Two of the more energy efficient frame materials are:
Vinyl and Fiberglass Frame Windows
- They both reduce heat transfer and contribute to insulation value.
- Both can be constructed with chambers within the frame to increase strength and insulation, while reducing sound and noise levels.
Dual Pane Glass Windows:
- Dual-pane designs use an air or gas-filled space between two panes of glass-superior insulation to single pane windows.
- Special low emissivity (called “Low-E’) coating on the glass blocks out infrared light, to keep heat inside in the San Diego area winter, and outside in the warm Southern California summers.
- Low E coated windows filter the UV (ultraviolet) light (UV) to help protect interior furnishings from fading.
Also, window spacers help make windows energy efficient.
- A spacer –designed and spaced the correct distance between the dual glass panes-provides optimal airflow between each window pane.
- Too much or too little airflow can affect the overall efficiency of window glass insulation.
- The window spacer affects expansion and contraction-reducing dreaded window condensation.
T Group Windows and Doors installs high quality Milgard Windows at affordable prices. And, we help you qualify for your 2013 energy tax credits!! Whether you need new construction or replacement windows for your home or office-we have styles and designs to fit your budget.Call 760-806-6830 for a free consultation and estimate, or visit www.FoldingDoorsandWindows.com.